This article describes the procedure for downloading and installing version 184.108.40.2065 of the Bridgemate Pro server USB-serial converter for 64-bit versions of Windows 10. You can use this driver as a replacement for your current driver should you experience problems using the Bridgemate Pro server on computers running Windows 10.
Version 220.127.116.115 of the Aten USB-serial converter driver has been successfully tested on 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 10.
Only install this driver when you connect the Bridgemate Pro server to a USB port using the “Aten USB-serial converter” which is supplied with the Bridgemate Pro server. If the Bridgemate Pro server uses a direct serial connection port or another brand of USB-serial converter, do not use this driver.
This driver only works with the new chipset type of Aten UC232A USB-serial converters supplied after 2012. These new converters can be recognised by the third character of the serial number, which is printed on the label on the back of the converter. This serial number starts with "Z3" or "Z8". If the following character is a letter, the converter is the new type and can be used together with this driver. If the character is a digit, the converter is the old type and this converter cannot be used with 64-bit versions of Windows 10. This old type of converter can still be used with previous versions of Microsoft Windows, together with the 32/64-bit drivers for those versions.
Left: Old type, serial number = Z38...
Right: New type, serial number = Z3F...
If a driver is already installed, you should uninstall the current driver first.
How to uninstall the current driver:
- Make sure the Aten USB to Serial converter is connected to one of the USB ports on your computer.
- Click on the Windows key and the X key on your keyboard simultaneously to open the Quick Links menu.
- Click on "Device Manager".
- Double-click on "Ports (COM & LPT)".
- Right-click on "USB to serial bridge" (the name may be slightly different depending on the current driver version), then click "Uninstall".
- If the option "Delete the driver software for this device" is displayed, select it, then click OK to confirm you want to uninstall the driver.
- The driver will now be un-installed.
- Remove the USB converter from the USB port.
How to install the 64-bit driver:
- Make sure the Aten USB to Serial converter is NOT connected to the computer.
- Download the file: UC232A_Windows_Setup_V1.0.081.exe
- Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. The driver will now be installed.
- After the installation has completed, connect the USB to Serial converter to a USB port on your computer. The converter will automatically be recognised and is ready to use. You can now connect your Bridgemate Pro server via the converter.
There is no additional information available for this article.
18-02-2016 - Article published