The latest Windows driver for the Bridgemate II server will not always install correctly on Windows 8.1 editions. This article provides a work-around to install the driver.
This article only applies to Bridgemate II server running on Windows 8.1. For other Windows versions, use the standard Windows driver for Bridgemate II server.
- Download the Windows 8.1 driver file package.
- Run the downloaded file. If "Windows Smartscreen" prevents you from executing the file, click on "More info" and then "Run anyway".
- Click on "Unzip" to extract the files to the indicated folder. Close this application after the files have been unzipped successfully.
- Connect the Bridgemate II server to the USB port of your computer.
- Go to Windows Device Manager. (Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard, which opens the Power User menu. Select "Device Manager".)
- Right mouse click on "Bridgemate server" and select "Update driver software".
- Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".
- Browse to the folder where the driver files were extracted to. By default this is "C:\BM2serverdriverfiles".
- Click "Next" to install the driver.
- Click "Install" when you are asked to install this device software.
- The driver will now be installed and you should see this screen:
- Verify in Device Manager the "Bridgemate Communications Port" entry under "Ports (COM & LPT)".
There is no additional information available for this article.
04-11-2013 - Article published