There are various possible reasons for a Bridgemate to show "Table not activated" when the device is activated. This article explains the possible causes and how to correct them.
When the Bridgemate system is started from the scoring program, and the Bridgemate shows "Table not activated" when being activated, one or more of the following conditions may apply:
- The Bridgemate II scoring system has not been started yet by the scoring program. The Bridgemate II server does not contain the table information yet.
--> In BCS, go to Server --> Show tables, and check whether all the tables have been uploaded to the server.
- The Bridgemate II scoring system has been started, but the corresponding table has not been added to the server.
--> In BCS, go to Server --> Show tables, and check whether the corresponding table has been uploaded to the server.
- The server and the Bridgemate are not communicating over the same channel.
--> In BCS, check the channel of the server (see the information frame in the upper-left corner of the program), and on the Bridgemate II, check the SETUP screen:
- The region setting in BCS does not match the region setting of the Bridgemate.
--> In BCS, check the region of the server (see the information frame in the upper-left corner of the program), and on the Bridgemate II, check the SETUP screen (see picture above).
- The server is outside the range of the Bridgemate and cannot communicate with the Bridgemate.
--> Move the Bridgemate within range of the server.
- The server firmware version is not compatible with the Bridgemate II firmware version.
--> In BCS, check the firmware version of the server (see the information frame in the upper-left corner of the program), and check the main screen of the Bridgemate II:
--> Next, check the list of Bridgemate II compatible firmware versions to verify that both firmware versions can communicate with each other.
Once you have tried all this and it still gives the same "table not activated" message, try the following:
- The RF finetune value needs to be reset.
--> On the Bridgemate II, click the SETUP key, then the INFO key. Now press the '5' key for a few seconds to retrieve the finetune value. Press the '5' key once more for a few seconds to reset the value to 0.
- Set both server and Bridgemate to a different region. For example, if you are in North America, set them to region "Europe" and try again. If the Bridgemate connects, reset both server and Bridgemate back to their original region setting.
- Try with a fresh set of batteries. Make sure you are always using alkaline batteries, and don't use other type of batteries (like zinc-carbon or zinc-chloride type batteries). Avoid using rechargeable batteries.
There is no additional information available for this article.
No further references available for this article.
26-03-2015 - Article published