This article describes the procedure for downloading and installing version 22.214.171.124 of the Bridgemate Pro server USB-serial converter for 64-bit versions of Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Version 126.96.36.199 of the Aten USB-serial converter driver has been tested successfully on 64-bits version of Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
Only install this driver when you connect the Bridgemate Pro server to a USB port using the “Aten USB-serial converter” which is supplied with the Bridgemate Pro server. If the Bridgemate Pro server uses a direct serial connection port or a USB-serial converter of another brand, do not use this driver.
This driver should only be used on 64-bit versions of Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1. On 32-bit operating systems, use the 32-bit driver instead. For Windows 10 64-bit and Windows 11 64-bit, use this driver.
In case a driver is already installed, you should uninstall the current driver first.
How to uninstall the current driver:
- Make sure the Aten USB to Serial converter is connected to one of the USB ports of your computer.
- Click on Windows Start.
- Right-mouse cllick on "My Computer" or "Computer".
- Click "Properties".
- Click on "Device Manager" in section "Tasks" (Windows 7)
- Double-click on "Ports (COM & LPT)".
- Right-mouse click on "USB to serial bridge" (the name may be slightly different depending on the current driver version), then click "Uninstall".
- In case an option "Delete the driver software for this device" is shown, check this option. Next, click OK to confirm the uninstall of the driver.
- The driver will now be un-installed.
- Remove the USB converter from the USB port.
Install the 64-bits driver:
- Make sure the Aten USB to Serial converter is NOT connected to the computer.
- Download the file UC232A_V31_64bits.exe
- Open the downloaded file and follow the instructions on the screen. The driver will now be installed.
- After the installation has completed, connect the USB to Serial converter to a USB port of your computer. The converter will automatically be recognized and is ready to use. You can now connect your Bridgemate Pro server through the converter.
There is no additional information available for this article.
32-bits driver for USB-serial converter for Bridgemate Pro server
22-10-2013 - Article published